Couch For Sale?

January 1st, 2012

My husband just asked me to put our old couch up for sale on Craigslist. But I don’t think he’d be happy with the way I did it:

• 1. Samina  |  January 1st, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I forsee a bidding war on that couch.

• 2. Mirth  |  January 1st, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Ahh, a woman after my own heart. That is an awesome ad. Bet you’ve already sold the Crumb Couch too because people love clever ads (at least the Craigslisters who can actually read beyond a pre-school level that is.)

• 3. Kristen  |  January 1st, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Oh, you are going to get SO many buyers. That’s spectacular.

• 4. Jana@AnAttitudeAdjustment  |  January 1st, 2012 at 6:22 pm

You work in advertising, don’t you. Silly us, we just ordered a futon through the mail. If only I’d known….

• 5. Jill  |  January 1st, 2012 at 10:07 pm

I just read this aloud to my husband as we sit on our own crumb couch … SO hysterical!

• 6. Susan in the Boonies  |  January 1st, 2012 at 10:39 pm

We have the exact same couch.

And I’m not kidding.

And I’m not even referring to the crumbs.

• 7. Rainyday  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 5:46 am

Hey, I have that couch in blue. The Crumb colour would be so much better. Shipping to Canada would suck, though.

• 8. Becky  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 7:24 am

I’ll be curious to know how many nutjobs show up at your front door much interest your creative ad generates. I’m betting at least one person will ask if you were serious about the saltine starter package.

• 9. Kara  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 8:23 am

I have quite a few items in my basement waiting to be listed. I think your magical way with words is just what I need. I’m loving the image in my head of a yeti couch!

• 10. Greta  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 9:00 am

HAHA! Is it bad that that made me WANT the couch? I have four kids, yo.

• 11. muffintopmommy  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 10:51 am

Do you ship to NH? (I’m ascared to come to the “Bee Cave” to pick it up.) My light beer would blend right in with the crumb pretzel palette.

• 12. Lisa  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 11:06 am

You’ve just enticed me to try eating brown rice with my feet. And that’s a great tag line for any upcoming furniture store – suck it Ethan Allen. Love it!

• 13. Jan  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Awesome Craigslist posting, Wendi! You should get a million calls and offers, even if just from people who want to meet the person who had the nuts to write something so totally clever and funny. You are the best!!
    P.S Can’t believe you are selling that couch. It looks so totally nice and comfy!! Crumbs, notwithstanding….

• 14. kathykate  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Have similar couch: except there’s more DNA on that baby than there is in our 4 kids that made it through…. TMI I’m sure, but thought I’d share.

• 15. Diane  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 2:30 pm

You had a white couch survive 2 kids and a cat? We put our crumb couch in the garage for a month and let the neighborhood rats infest it before the always AWESOME trash service hauled it off for us. In our redneck home, we call that a two-fer. Happy New Year!

• 16. julie gardner  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 3:14 pm

My first thought was “Crap. I love red wine.”
    But then I remembered that I also love whimsy.

So I’m turning on HGTV to prep for my new couch immediately.

p.s. My son’s name is Jack! Spooky.

• 17. spleeness  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 4:31 pm

“Able to seat five triathletes or three regular people at the same time” <– BWAHAHAHAHA!! Awesome. I want this couch. Too bad I'm in DC.

• 18. dusty earth mother  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Suck it, Ethan Allen! True Wendi brilliance. I would like to purchase that couch–as long as it retains the heat of Austin to warm my chilly East Coast buttocks.

• 19. Julia  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Flagged for “Best of Craigslist”.

Mangià!

• 20. anna  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 6:17 pm

if your huz doesn’t like your ad, i’d like to see his marketing strategy for selling the crumb couch!

• 21. Amy  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Hmm, I just don’t see any problems with your posting. It looks like you ran spell-check and the grammar is fine. I wish more people were a little more creative with their listings. Be proud, Wendi!

• 22. Ann  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 8:41 pm

FREE SALTINES??

How much is shipping?

• 23. Erin I'm Gonna Kill Him  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Did you get my Paypal transfer? Username: SunChipsSettee

• 24. the mama bird diaries  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 9:33 pm

I need a new couch. Now I’m thinking I should just buy yours. How much for delivery?

• 25. Brittany  |  January 2nd, 2012 at 11:05 pm

You’re writing all my ads from now on.

• 26. Tiffany  |  January 3rd, 2012 at 11:42 am

The real question is, have you sold it yet?

• 27. Issa  |  January 3rd, 2012 at 4:39 pm

You sold it with that ad right? Craigslist people are INSANE.

• 28. Brett Minor  |  January 7th, 2012 at 11:49 pm

That is awesome. If I lived closer I would go check out the couch just to meet the person that wrote the ad. Good luck on the sale.