1. The weather.
2. The economy.
3. The dumbasses at US Weekly who devoted an entire cover story to Jessica Simpson’s dog Daisy after she was tragically eaten by a coyote.
4. The fact that I read every single word of the Jessica Simpson tragic dog story and then teared-up like an unbalanced pre-teen at bible camp.
5. The fact that when my husband later teased me about crying about Jessica Simpson’s dog, I kicked him in the shin and yelled, “I’m not crying about her dog! I’m crying about orphans and mudslides and political oppression in the Congo! But…oh, God, why did Daisy have to go?! Whyyyyy? She was so young and fluffy! She had a cute little tail! She was loved by Nick Lachey! For the love of God, she never even got to breed!”
8. The young adult novel I’m writing about two teenage vampires named Ella and Tedward.
11. My ongoing feud with the brown-haired checkout girl at Costco.
12. My ongoing feud with the yellow-haired checkout girl at Costco.
13. My ongoing fear that I will one day be killed by a forklift at Costco.
15. Home maintenance.
16. How I can never figure out which dancers are the “stars” whenever I watch Dancing With the Stars.
17. How if my husband refers to that show as “So-Called Dancing With the So-Called Stars” one more time, I will kick him in his other shin.
20. My overwhelming suspicion that I don’t get out of the house enough.
There are a couple of great new humor websites highlighting women writers that have recently come to my attention. The first is the very entertaining Mypheme. The second is the wonderful PR Graffiti. Be sure to take a look!
Also, we’re giving away a really, really nice diaper bag at Mouthy Housewives this week. Almost makes me want to have another baby. Almost.